Ethical Practices Committee
- The Ethical Practices Committee's primary role is to educate and increase member awareness of the Academy's Code of Ethics and the practical application of the code, rules, and advisory opinions.
- Periodically review and update the Code of Ethics to which members are bound and produce advisory opinions clarifying ethics principles and rules. (Changes to the Code of Ethics, policies and procedures, and advisory opinions must be approved by the Academy Board of Directors prior to implementation and publication.)
- Formulate, review, update, and publicize policies and procedures for the review of complaints.
- Review public and member complaints alleging unethical behavior by members. Resolve and determine appropriate disciplinary action (decisions are subject to appeal to the Academy Board).
- Rebecca Bingea, AuD, Chair
- Lynn Cook, AuD
- Melissa Ferrello, AuD
- Todd Gibson, AuD
- Alison Grimes, AuD
- Heather Hodgin, AuD
- Cynthia Merritt, AuD
- Jessica Spratt, AuD
- Rhonda Tubbs, AuD
- Christine Ulinski, AuD
- Mary Whitaker, AuD
- Dan Ostergren, AuD, Academy Board Liaison
- Sarah Sebastian, CAE, Academy Staff Liaison