Government Relations Committee
- Provide government relations leadership on behalf of the Academy and the profession of audiology.
- Work to improve the effectiveness of the Academy's federal advocacy efforts.
- Make recommendations on the Academy's legislative and regulatory priorities.
- Identify and analyze federal legislative and regulatory public policy that impace audiology.
- Make recommendations on proposed legislative and regulatory public policy impacting the Academy and the profession of audiology.
- Initiate action on Academy legislative and regulatory priorities, including action alerts and other advocacy activities, as needed.
- Initiate and participate in the Academy's public policy/position development process.
- Create and revise the Academy's public policy resolutions and work to ensure these policies are developed in a timely manner, ensure relevancy and adhere to best practices.
- Facilitate communication between the states and the Academy, as well as state-to-state.
- Promote a robust national grassroots community to support audiology
- Be a resource for Academy committees to coordinate and disseminate information to the State Leader Network in support of Academy initiatives such as advocacy, audiology awareness, etc.
- Adam Mehlenbacher, AuD, Chair
- Jenne Tunnell, AuD, Chair, State Network Subcommittee
- Jodi Baxter, AuD
- Mariah Cheyney, AuD
- Gina Hounam, PhD
- Steven Madix, PhD
- Marcia Raggio, PhD
- Joshua Sevier, AuD
- Chris Spankovich, AuD, PhD
- Jackie Clark, PhD, President-Elect, Academy Board Liaison
- Anna Jilla, Student Academy of Audiology (SAA) Liaison
- Tiina Huckabay, AuD, Chair, Coding and Reimbursement Committee, Ex-officio
- Emily Nairn-Jewll, AuD, Chair, PAC Advisory Board, Ex-officio
- Kadyn Williams, AuD, Chair, Practice Policy Advisory Council (PPAC), Ex-officio
- Kate Thomas and Kitty Werner, Academy Staff Liaisons