Advertising refers to all print and electronic opportunities.
All advertising is subject to approval by the American Academy of Audiology (Academy). The Academy reserves the right to accept only that advertising that meets our standards. These standards include, but are not limited to the following:
- Products or services eligible for advertising should be relevant and of value to the science and daily practice of audiology and its related disciplines.
- All devices classified by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as a medical device or product must adhere to the regulations provided by that agency.
- If requested by the Academy, all advertisers must show proof of product efficacy for advertising claims made. This may include clinical trial data and/or publications.
- Advertising in conflict with the Academy's Code of Ethics and/or any of the Academy’s related ethical practice guidelines will not be accepted.
- Advertising for products and services deemed to be in direct competition with the Academy’s or Academy Foundation’s products and services ordinarily will not be accepted unless otherwise approved by the Board of Directors.
- The Academy and Foundation will publish the following disclaimer on all publications and exhibit/sponsorship contracts respectively:
“Publication of an article, or advertisement, in any Academy publication does not constitute a guarantee or endorsement of the quality, safety, or effectiveness of any products or services described therein or of any of the representations or claims made by the author(s) or manufacturer(s) with respect to such products or services.”
“Presentation, or advertisement, at any Academy expo, convention, or meeting does not constitute a guarantee or endorsement of the quality, safety, or effectiveness of any products or services described therein or of any of the representations or claims made by the author(s) or manufacturer(s) with respect to such products or services.”
NOTE: For all AudiologyNOW!-related advertising, including in the Academy's on-site Program Guide and Daily Newspaper, advertisers must also follow the following policies in their printed and online promotions as stated below:
- Any exhibitor-sponsored giveaway must be non-exclusionary without purchase or consideration needed by the attendee and open to all registered attendees of AudiologyNOW!. Giveaway must be valued at $10 or under. Promotions must take place within the exhibiting company’s booth. The exhibitor will be responsible for ensuring and complying with all applicable laws. Any giveaway provided to attendees must be related to the profession or in keeping with the theme. Companies in violation will be subject to the penalty as listed in the Enforcement of Rules and be applied to Priority Point space selection.
AudiologyNOW! is the official name of our convention and should be spelled out and branded with this specific capitalization and punctuation. Example, AudiologyNOW! or AN!
Advertisers may use the AudiologyNOW! name in their creative and/or the AudiologyNOW! Exhibitor logo, supplied by the Academy.
The Academy must be reference in full name first and then can be thereafter abbreviated as the Academy, but never AAA.