Annual Nominations and Elections
Each year, the Nominations Committee chaired by the immediate past president of the Academy, seeks nominations for the President-elect and three member-at-large positions on the Academy Board of Directors. Nominations for these positions open in July with elections conducted electronically following the Academy’s annual convention.
General Information and Timeline
- Nominations and Elections Timeline
- Let Your Voice Be Heard: March/April 2016 Audiology Today Article
(explanation of changes to nominations process)
- President-elect Application
- Member-at-Large Application
- Scoring Rubric used by Nominations Committee
- Policies and Procedures Excerpt on Nominations and Elections
- American Academy of Audiology Bylaws
The Academy is seeking nominations for the President-elect and three member-at-large positions on the Academy Board of Directors. The nominee for President-elect will be elected by the general membership to serve a three-year term (one year as president-elect, one year as president, and one year as past president) beginning October 1, 2018 and ending September 30, 2021. Three candidates for the member-at-large positions will be elected by the general membership to serve a three-year term, beginning October 1, 2018 and ending September 30, 2021. Please submit nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 15, 2017.
- The 2018 elections will open in April 2018.
- Current members with an electronic address in the database will receive an email linking them to the election Web site. This unique link can only be used by the member and is disabled upon use.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors of the American Academy of Audiology serves as the Academy’s governing body and custodian of the Academy’s investments. Each member of the board assumes the responsibility to initiate and establish policies governing the Academy and to maintain a fiduciary responsibility over the financial affairs of the Academy.