Board Meeting Overview January 23-24, 2014
Thursday, January 23
- The virtual (teleconference/video) meeting was called to order by President Bettie Borton, AuD.
- Under the direction of the Governance Documents Working Group Chair, the Board continued its review of the Academy’s Policies and Procedures Manual.
- American Academy of Audiology Foundation Director, Kathleen Devlin Culver, presented an overview of the history and work of the Foundation. Angela Shoup, Foundation Chair, joined the meeting via teleconference.
- The Board discussed ways for effectively identifying new and viable sources of non-dues revenue.
- Preliminary results of the Industry Relations Initiative were presented by President Borton and Senior Academy staff members.
Friday, January 24
- Under the direction of the Governance Documents Working Group Chair, the Board continued the review of the Academy’s Policies and Procedures Manual.
- The Board of Directors moved into Executive Session.
- Board Liaison for the 0-5 Year Member Working Group presented an overview of the group’s event plans for AudiologyNOW!
- The Audiologists’ Assistant Working Group Liaison presented an overview of the group’s preliminary discussion.
- The Board of Directors reviewed the report submitted by Academy representatives who had attended the recent Institute of Medicine (IOM) workshop on Hearing Loss and Healthy Hearing.
- The meeting was adjourned.