Committees & Task Forces
CALLING ALL MEMBERS!
The Academy is currently recruiting for all committee and subcommittee opportunities. Sign-in to the Audiology Community to view a listing of everything available from AAA Program Subcommittees to the Public Relations Committee to the Grassroots Advocacy Network. There is an opportunity available for every interest, area of expertise, and time commitment. Applications are being accepted now through Monday, June 1.
Volunteer opportunities are updated on an ongoing basis with most committee and subcommittee work beginning on October 1 each year. Task force, working group, and micro-volunteer opportunities are offered on an as needed basis with varying timelines throughout the year. A visual representation of the Academy's governance structure details the councils, committees, and task forces listed below, and how they work together to accomplish the Academy's Strategic Plan.
Thank you to all the wonderful volunteers that contribute to the Academy and the profession of audiology!
COUNCILS, COMMITTEES, AND SUBCOMMITTEES
- Academic Programs Committee
- Accreditation Programs/ACAE
- Certification Programs/ABA
- Professional Education and Certificate Programs Committee
- Coding and Reimbursement Committee
- Government Relations Committee
- PAC Advisory Board
- Practice Policy Advisory Committee
- State Relations Committee
- Honors Committee
- Leadership Development Committee
- Membership Committee
- New Professionals Committee
- Student Academy of Audiology
- SAA Advisory Committee
- Communications Committee
- Health Care Relations Committee
- Industry and Supplier Relations Committee
- Public Awareness Committee
- Public Relations Committee
- AAA 2018 Program Committee
- Business Enhancement Strategies & Techniques (BEST) Committee
- Continuing Education Committee
- Specialty Conference Committee
- ARC Conference Committee
- Guidelines and Strategic Documents Committee
- Research Initiatives Committee
- Adult Hearing Screening Task Force
- AQC Task Force
- Audiologist's Role in Cognitive Disorders Task Force [on hold]
- Audiologist's Role in Pharmacology Task Force
- Audiologist's Role in Radiologic Imaging Task Force
- Audiology Technician Training Program Task Force
- Cochlear Implant Task Force
- Musicians Task Force
- Trends in Technology Innovations Task Force [on hold]
- Website Review Task Force
Most of the opportunities listed below are available year-round. Learn more about each opportunity then visit the Audiology Community to apply and become part of the network.
ALREADY A VOLUNTEER?
Access Your Committee or Task Force on the Audiology Community. If you are part of a committee and/or task force and do not have a committee site, contact your staff liaison for more information.