Evaluating Rehabilitation Options: Poll Results
In August, we posted an “In the News” article that posed the question “What would/have you done in a situation where a patient has expressed significant functional hearing impairment with normal pure tone thresholds (0-25dBHL)?” Eighty-eight (88) members responded to the query with the following results below. Please note more than one option could be chosen, hence the percentage total greater than 100%.
- 59% (52) would recommend auditory processing evaluation,
- 51% (45) would recommend low gain amplification or FM system,
- 23% (20) would recommend retesting should it get worse,
- 7% (6) chose none of the above, and
- Not surprisingly no one chose the obvious unprofessional response of “tell them to stop complaining.”