Welcome to the American Academy of Audiology Tele-audiology Toolkit! This toolkit is the result of collaboration between the 2014–2015 Business Enhancement Strategies and Techniques (BEST) Committee, in partnership with the Academy Tele-audiology Task Force.
The clinical literature on tele-audiology indicates a significant opportunity for telehealth applications in the practice of audiology. This kit is designed to provide tools and resources to help you address this evolving service delivery model, while maintaining a successful and vital practice where the audiologist remains central in the provision of hearing health-care diagnosis and treatment practices. The kit will evolve and be updated as new information and research becomes available.
The kit will address the following:
- Introduction to Telemedicine
- Global View of Tele-audiology
- Current Practices in Tele-audiology
- Tele-audiology Reimbursement
- Current and Developing Technology (2014)
- Tele-audiology and Licensure Laws
- The ABCs of Establishing a Remote Tele-audiology Clinic
- Additional References and Reading
- White Paper Background on Tele-audiology 2015