Internet Job Search Tips
The Internet is a great source for employment information. The job postings are current, and you can respond to them instantly. Plus, you can explore a company's Web site to learn more about them before you answer their ad. Keep these hints in mind when seeking jobs advertised on Web sites:
- Your resume and cover letter should be in a ready-to-go format for electronic transmission.
- There is no guarantee that your electronically delivered resume and cover letter will be opened and read. It's smart to follow any e-mail contact with a postal or telephone follow-up.
- Web pages (URLs) do not belong on your resume unless your site is 100% dedicated to your profession.
- Make sure your correct and current e-mail address is on your resume.
- List your computer skills on your resume; it makes you more marketable.
- Don't rely on the Internet to get you a job; it is just another way of landing an interview.